Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Daniel Hartman <dh...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/08/27 23:50:04 UTC

NB 11.1 Platform Application: HelpCtx.display()

All,
I am porting my NB 8.2 platform application to 11.1, and I am struggling to get my helpsets displayed. That is, nothing happens when, for example, a wizard's help button within my platform application is clicked.  Everything worked great in NB 8.2.
I therefore created an empty platform application in NB 11.1 and added a TopComponent, which contains a button that programmatically opens a helpset.  I also created a default Help Set in the TopComponent module by following the guidelines here:
https://netbeans.apache.org/wiki/DevFaqHelpGuidelines.asciidoc

Finally, I added JavaHelp as library to my application and set it as a dependency for my TopComponent module.
Everything compiles and builds fine, but nothing happens when I click the button.
What am I missing?
Thank you in advance for any help.
Dan

Re: NB 11.1 Platform Application: HelpCtx.display()

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
NetBeans under Apache cannot include JavaHelp, that's why you don't
see your helpsets: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-3

I think it should be easy to recompile-in JavaHelp. I kept meaning to
do this for CoolBeans ( http://coolbeans.xyz ) but haven't gotten to
it.

--emi