Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org> on 2012/11/19 21:15:54 UTC

Activity Stream Support In Rave?

I have heard some rumors that Rave will soon implement the activity stream
service from Shindig, does anyone have any idea when that will happen?

-Ryan

Re: Activity Stream Support In Rave?

Posted by Raminderjeet Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
It can be. Only reason to wait was to make it work and implement other functions and test cases.

Raminder

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

Posted by Raminderjeet Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raminderjeet Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
I worked on implementation it in rave looking at activitystrea.ms and shindig objects. Attached patch to the following JIRA RAVE-706 [2] have the changes. I got stuck with some technical issue to map data from Rave object to Shindig object.

Viknes have recently updated attached patch according to latest trunk, i will ask him to update the patch. If someone can help us resolve the object mapping issue then Activity steam support is almost ready.  Looking at proposal of  Apache Activity stream server, We have put together some usecases [1]  for the integration.