Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Charlie Read <ch...@beebell.com> on 2014/02/26 11:18:51 UTC

CXF interceptor chain, servlet filter chain, JAX-RS filters

I have noticed three separate mechanisms for intervening
in the request / response processing:

  - CXF interceptors
  - JAX-RS filters
  - servlet filters

Can someone explain the processing priority of each of these chains
with respect to one another?

For example, is the priority servlet filters => CXF interceptor => JAX-RS
filter,
or something else?

Thanks!
Charlie

Re: CXF interceptor chain, servlet filter chain, JAX-RS filters

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi
On 26/02/14 10:18, Charlie Read wrote:
> I have noticed three separate mechanisms for intervening
> in the request / response processing:
>
>    - CXF interceptors
>    - JAX-RS filters
>    - servlet filters
>
> Can someone explain the processing priority of each of these chains
> with respect to one another?
>
> For example, is the priority servlet filters => CXF interceptor => JAX-RS
> filter,
> or something else?

Servlet filters go first.
Next, if you prefer doing JAX-RS 2.0 only, we have
PreMatch Container Request Filter, then per-method specific Container
Request Filters,

If you'd like to use native CXF interceptors instead of filters, then we
have

Servlet filters -> CXF interceptors.

If you mix JAX-RS 2.0 filters & CXF interceptors, then

Servlet filters -> CXF interceptors before UNMARSHAL phase ->
PreMatch Container Request Filter -> CXF interceptors after UNMARSHAL
phase -> per-method specific Container Request Filters

Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders