Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2016/10/25 22:02:48 UTC

SPNEGO test failure (was Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-avatica-1.9.0 (release candidate 0))

Thanks for taking a look at the release, Aaron!

These SPNEGO tests are a pain in my butt. Julian had recently disabled
one of them because it was just flapping on travis-ci some percentage of
the time (I think that was some problem with the mini-kdc we use, but
whatever). I don't think I've ever tried to run them on Windows -- so
you're probably paving a new path. They *should* work, or, at least, the
goal is that they pass on Windows.

If you have the motivation/cycles, I'm happy to try to help debug them
with you. At a minimum, we can also @Assume the test off if we can
figure out it's being executed on Windows to get a green dashboard on
all platforms ;)

- Josh

Aaron D. Mihalik wrote:
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> * cloned git://git.apache.org/calcite.git and checked out commit
> 87df6053a5b76620ffad3cb7b3527c3acd3647cc
> * Built from source (both git and src.zip using `mvn clean install`)
> * verified hashes and sig for src.zip and src,tar,gz
>
> * All tests passed on my Mac, but there's at least one test failure on my
> Windows machine.  I tried searching the Calcite Jira for this issue, but
> 'windows' gives a lot of unrelated results :)  Failure below:
>
> Failed tests:
>    HttpServerSpnegoWithJaasTest.testAuthenticatedClientsAllowed:223
> expected:<[OK client@EXAMPLE.COM]>  but was:<[<html>
> <head>
> <title>Error 500</title>
> </head>
> <h2>HTTP ERROR: 500</h2>
> ]>
>
> A related error may be:
> GSSException: Failure unspecified at GSS-API level (Mechanism level:
> Invalid argument (400) - Cannot find key of appropriate type to decrypt AP
> REP - AES128 CTS mode with HMAC SHA1-96)
>          at
> sun.security.jgss.krb5.Krb5Context.acceptSecContext(Krb5Context.java:856)
>          at
> sun.security.jgss.GSSContextImpl.acceptSecContext(GSSContextImpl.java:342)
>
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 3:19 PM Josh Elser<el...@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> * sigs/xsums OK
>> * No binaries in src release
>> * Shaded jars contain expected classes/relocated classes
>> * GAV on avatica-1.9.0.jar (shaded avatica-core) hasn't changed over
>> previous releases
>> * mvn apache-rat:check OK
>> * mvn verify OK
>> * KEYS is up-to-date
>> * Ran TCK over [1.6.0, 1.7.0, 1.7.1, 1.8.0, 1.9.0-rc0] and saw no
>> unexpected failures.
>>
>> I left some comments on the release notes in the other thread. There are
>> some improvements I think we could make, but I think they are fine for
>> the purposes of this release candidate. We can tweak for the final
>> website later.
>>
>> - Josh
>>
>> Julian Hyde wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have created a build for Apache Calcite avatica-1.9.0, release
>> candidate 0.
>>> Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.
>>> You can read the release notes here:
>>>
>> https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/branch-avatica-1.9/avatica/site/_docs/history.md
>>> The commit to be voted upon:
>>>
>> http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/calcite/commit/87df6053a5b76620ffad3cb7b3527c3acd3647cc
>>> Its hash is 87df6053a5b76620ffad3cb7b3527c3acd3647cc.
>>>
>>> The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
>>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/calcite/apache-calcite-avatica-1.9.0-rc0
>>> The hashes of the artifacts are as follows:
>>> src.tar.gz.md5 5e60e38ca4c0564f00f5143ce3a1b831
>>> src.tar.gz.sha1 ef5de77edc24fb720fb0a42706db9cea6409e720
>>> src.zip.md5 b92ab3b942942f0221bfcbcb6a2cb633

Re: SPNEGO test failure (was Re: [VOTE] Release apache-calcite-avatica-1.9.0 (release candidate 0))

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
I logged https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1471 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-1471> for this, and in my opinion it’s a show-stopper. I’m pleased to say that Aaron’s patch fixes the problem (many thanks, Aaron!). I’ll cancel the vote and create a new RC.

Julian

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
Josh,