Posted to users@maven.apache.org by RomainTaz <ro...@sgcib.com> on 2007/08/20 11:15:58 UTC

Make a Codehaus plugin works on a local configuration

Hi all,

I need to use a plugin available from Codehaus sandbox (this plugin is
http://mojo.codehaus.org/dashboard-maven-plugin/ dashboard-maven-plugin ).

As explained in the plugin page, I need to add the following lines in my
settings.xml file:

        Codehaus Snapshots
       	http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/

With this information, the plugin works correctly.

In my company, we use a global repository, which is currently a shared
directory on a network drive.
Thus, all users have the following settings.xml file:

    C:\m2\repository\

            global-repository
            Global repo
            file://F:\...\repository
            central

                true

                    global-repository

                        true

                        true

                    file://F:\...\repository

        my.company.plugins

This repository is the mirror of the Global repository, and the users has no
access to external repositories (Maven is not configured to access Internet
on their computers).

So, I added the plugin Dashboard-Report in our global repository. Now, in
"local" configuration (i.e. with a settings.xml without external access),
Maven is not able to retrieve this plugin. It throws the following error
when I try to use it:

The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dashboard-report-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

I think that somewhere, in a XML metadata file, something is wrong, because
Maven did not understand that the plugin is not a org.apache.maven.plugins
(the prefix of this plugin is "dashboard-report").

What do I need to change in the settings.xml to make this plugin works in a
"local" configuration?
Or is there a "good way" to install this plugin in my global repository in
order to work fine with "local" configuration?

Note that we will move to Artifactory asap, but for the moment, I need a
solution to make this plugin works with a repository based on a shared
drive...

Thanks for your help.

ps: If you have any link, any information that clearly explains what Maven
do with all metadata-*.xml, do not hesitate to share them :o)

Re: Make a Codehaus plugin works on a local configuration

Posted by winegoddess <wi...@gmail.com>.

Im also having this problem, but also with this plug-in:
org.apache.maven.plugins
It does not happen all of the time.
Mostly it happend to remote users, sporadically. It seems to have something
to do with the refresh?

The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin' does not exist o r
no valid version could be found [INFO]

If this differs from this post, and anyone has any ideas, please write to
me...

When this happens sometimes on the command line, Eclipse's maven is working.
Sometimes one goal works but other doesn't e.g. "mvn test" works but "mvn
clean" doesn't.

The problem is not understood.

Sometimes, but not always, issuing a "mvn -U" before the goals will force
Artifactory to re-fetch the artifacts: E.g.: "mvn -U clean install", "mvn -U
clean test" and so on.

Judy

Posted by dvicente <dv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jimbog <ja...@lvs.co.uk>.