Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Fabrice Brazier <fa...@apalia.net> on 2012/07/12 20:52:15 UTC

CloudStack production deployment

Hi Folks,

we are trying to build CloudStack from source code and deploy it our
customer environment.
We are currently able to build and run CloudStack from source, using the
ant tasks dedicated to a development environment. But we would like to
deploy our customized CloudStack in a production environment.

Could you please tell us if it is possible:

- to package CloudStack from source
or
- to install it from source as if it has been installed from the release
packages based on rpm (in order to start/stop CloudStack services, and to
upgrade it with a .sh script).

Thanks for your help,
Fabrice

--
Fabrice Brazier
ApaliaT

RE: CloudStack production deployment

Posted by Fabrice Brazier <fa...@apalia.net>.
Hi Hugo,

Thanks for your reply. We managed to build the rpms with the use of waf.
However, I read that there is thoughts about getting rid of waf and use
only Ant as the build system
(http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/COMM/ASF+Infrastructure+Migration+Thou
ghts
and
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-dev/201206.m
box/%3C4FCE0D6A.7030705@widodh.nl%3E ).
Is there any roadmap for this transition?

Thanks,
Fabrice

--
Fabrice Brazier