Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Paul Hunnisett <ph...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/27 11:37:06 UTC

Problems with Login request

I've tried to setup Jmeter so that it makes 2 requests to our web server:

1) a GET request to the front page via https
2) a POST request to the Login with a username and password via https

The first request works quite happily - so I'm happy that it's not https
that's the issue, but the second one fails miserably...

They are both recieving the same defaults from an HTTP request Defaults and
the only difference is the method (GET then POST), the path and the fact
that the login request includes parameters.

The result of the login request is:

<sampleResult timeStamp="1138357593823" dataType="text" threadName="myUWe
Users 18-1" label="myUWE Login" time="8875" responseMessage="Non HTTP
response message" responseCode="Non HTTP response code"
success="false"><binary>java.io.IOException: Stream closed&#13;
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.getInIfOpen(Unknown Source)&#13;
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)&#13;
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)&#13;
    at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)&#13;
    at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.readResponse(
HTTPSampler.java:235)&#13;
    at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(
HTTPSampler.java:449)&#13;
    at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(
HTTPSamplerBase.java:514)&#13;
    at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(
HTTPSamplerBase.java:503)&#13;
    at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java
:247)&#13;
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)&#13;
</binary></sampleResult>

Can anyone shed any light on why this is failing?  I can quite happily log
in via a browser, so I know that Login is working...

Paul Hunnisett

Re: Problems with Login request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Glad it helped.

If the problem only occurs with "Redirect Automatically", then this is
a problem in the HTTP implementation (either standard Java or perhaps
HttpClient), not in JMeter.

If it occurs with "follow redirects", then this is done by JMeter.

If you are able to narrow the problem down, please let us know in case
there is a bug in JMeter.

S.

Posted by Paul Hunnisett <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.