Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tobias Mueller <tm...@a-i-c.de> on 2002/03/25 20:45:23 UTC

FOP over SOAP: File in use

Hi!

I successfully got Soap and Fop up and running. I developped a WebService
which generates PDF files out of several templates. PDF generation works
fine, the pdf file is generated, but I can't access it via explorer, because
I get a "file is in use" error. Tomcat still seems to have the file
"opened". If I stop Tomcat, I can access the file and everything is fine,
but this can't be a solution :-)

Did anyone have the same problems, anf if yes, how did you solve this?

Greetings, Tobi

Re: FOP over SOAP: File in use

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Tobias Mueller wrote:
> I successfully got Soap and Fop up and running. I developped a WebService
> which generates PDF files out of several templates. PDF generation works
> fine, the pdf file is generated, but I can't access it via explorer, because
> I get a "file is in use" error. Tomcat still seems to have the file
> "opened".
The file will be open as long as the output stream supplied
to FOP is not closed. It will be closed automatically if the
stream object is garbage collected, if you don't want to wait
for this close it explicitely, try something like outbuf.close();

J.Pietschmann

RE: FOP over SOAP: File in use

Posted by Philippe Pithon <pp...@sigal.fr>.
I had the same problem!

Temporary Solution:
Create a copy of the file, and read the copy !

I think that it is FOP who does not close correctly the file