Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com> on 2004/05/26 14:13:48 UTC

Help needed in SOAP with Attachments

Hi All,

I have created a SOAP Message with attachment and it doesn't contain a MIME Header. I meansit doesnt follow the format of  SOAP Message given below. My request message also differ from the one which Scott send to this group a few days before.

My problem is the first header(MIMe-Version 1.0 Content-Type:Multipart/related.. etc etc ) is not coming in my request message. Also there is no reference of the attachment in SOAP Envelope as  Dheeraj said in January end mail :)

But it do have separate headers for the SOAPBody and attachment parts.

So does that mean my SOAPMEssage is not MIME encoded? Please help.. I am attaching my request message <<soapInMsgMail.txt>>

Scott, Dheeraj and all .. Any inputs will help me ..

Thanks & Regards
Dhanush

--MIME_boundary

<?xml version='1.0' ?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
..
<theSignedForm href="http://claiming-it.com/claim061400a.tiff"/>
..
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

--MIME_boundary

...binary TIFF image...
--MIME_boundary--

Disclaimer:

is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com

Re: Help needed in SOAP with Attachments

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Read the HTTP Binding portion of the spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-attachments#HTTPBinding).  There you will see that, basically, the headers which are not contained within the MIME boundary are not included in the message body, but rather are sent as HTTP headers.  If you view the SOAP request/respose using a network monitor or HTTP proxy, for example, you will see the (very necessary) Content-Type header.

Scott Nichol

specific mail lists.
Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.