Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Polanki, Varada (Exchange)" <vp...@Bear.com> on 2005/06/02 16:55:31 UTC

JSCookmenu questions

Hi,
(1)
   HtmlJSCookMenuTag.java file has a statement is like below.

Private static final String COMPONENT_TYPE =
"org.apache.myfaces.JSCookMenu".intern();

     What it means? Are we calling intern method of the JSCookMenu class
or what? Please let me know.

(2)
    In JSCOOKMenu, x.NavigationMenuItem tag has an attribute called
visibleOnRole. This menu item will be shown to that user role only.
    But how it is implemented in the myfaces script? I think this
attribute value is getting compared with current user role, But How to
get current user role? I am unable to find this logic?

(3)
     After deploying myfaces-sample-examples.war file in tomcat, in
JSCookMenu I am not able to see the arrow symbol in the right side of
sub menu items. This arrow symbol indicates there is sub menu. I can see
"[X]" mark which means unknown gif file. This code is present in
theme.js of folder ../jscookmenu/themeoffice.
   Code is
	var cmThemeOfficeBase = 'jscookmenu/ThemeOffice/';
		Some how this statement has a problem. So I commented
this and pointed to my local system path like below. I copied arrow.gif
file to this local path. Then it is working fine.

	var cmThemeOfficeBase = 'D:/downloads/jscookmenu/ThemeOffice/';

Please let me know where the problem is?

Regards,
Varada

Please be aware that, notwithstanding the fact that the person sending
this communication has an address in Bear Stearns' e-mail system, this
person is not an employee, agent or representative of Bear Stearns.
Accordingly, this person has no power or authority to represent, make
any recommendation, solicitation, offer or statements or disclose
information on behalf of or in any way bind Bear Stearns or any of its
affiliates.