Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu> on 2015/03/10 19:12:32 UTC

Santuario xml-security-c 1.7.3 release candidate posted, call for vote

I've uploaded a release candidate of the 1.7.3 patch release [1] for the vote. There have been no changes since the beta last week and I've encountered no issues testing it.

This is my +1.

-- Scott

[1] https://people.apache.org/~scantor/

RE: Santuario xml-security-c 1.7.3 release candidate posted, call for vote

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
> 	It will be an official release next week, but it has nothing to do with
> this vote, I'm stuck dealing with Xerces now in addition to this library. They
> just both happen to be hosted in the same place.

And if it wasn't clear, nothing in this release depends on the Xerces update, it runs on anything all the way back to Xerces 2.8, same as before.

It would be a 2.0 change to start mucking with the API requirements.

-- Scott

Re: Santuario xml-security-c 1.7.3 release candidate posted, call for vote

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Ok thanks for the clarification!

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Santuario xml-security-c 1.7.3 release candidate posted, call for vote

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Scott,

Is this an official RC that you plan on uploading to the main Apache
distribution server? If so we need a link to a tag used to generate the

Posted by Marc Giger <gi...@apache.org>.
+1

Thanks,

Marc

On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:24:42 +0000

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
On 3/13/15, 12:41 PM, "Colm O hEigeartaigh" <co...@apache.org> wrote:

>Ok +1 from me then.

Thanks. Given the apparent confusion, I'll hold for any objections or concerns until EOB and finalize the release tonight or this weekend otherwise.

-- Scott

Re: Santuario xml-security-c 1.7.3 release candidate posted, call for vote

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Ok +1 from me then.

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Santuario xml-security-c 1.7.3 release candidate posted, call for vote

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
The normal process is to create an SVN tag "first", and then to build the
release off that tag. That way we can see the exact SVN revision that we

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Santuario xml-security-c 1.7.3 release candidate posted, call for vote

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Scott,

I'm confused - why do we need votes for a non-official release? Is the vote
to release the "RC" itself? If so why not go through the normal process of
creating a tag, etc?

Colm.

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder
http://coders.talend.com

Re: Santuario xml-security-c 1.7.3 release candidate posted, call for vote

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.
Thanks for the votes, I'm preparing the release right now.

-- Scott

Re: Santuario xml-security-c 1.7.3 release candidate posted, call for vote

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
+1

Cantor, Scott wrote:
> On 3/10/15, 2:12 PM, "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu> wrote:
>
>> I've uploaded a release candidate of the 1.7.3 patch release [1] for the vote. There have been no changes since the beta last week and I've encountered no issues testing it.
>>
>> This is my +1.
> Just noting I still need a couple of votes for this release.
>
> -- Scott

---

Re: Santuario xml-security-c 1.7.3 release candidate posted, call for vote

Posted by Sean Mullan <se...@oracle.com>.
+1 from me.

--Sean

Posted by "Cantor, Scott" <ca...@osu.edu>.