Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2007/03/29 06:50:38 UTC

layoutSettings.javaScripts

Adrian did a bunch of cleanup on how we declare our javascript, css,
favicons, etc in the backend application - in a very optimized way.
During the developers conference he and I worked on pushing this to
the ecommerce app quite successfully.  We did this by adding these
definitions to decorators.

I am now implementing this on a site where I don't want to define
another decorator, but just want to add something like:

<set field="layoutSettings.javaScripts[]" value="/justjewelry/images/
script.js" global="true"/>

to a particular screen, but this is not working properly.  I'm sure
it will work if I define another decorator for this.  Can you not put
these definitions on a screen by screen basis?  I'll keep looking,
but if someone's got the answer close by - please let me know if I'm
running into a restriction.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: layoutSettings.javaScripts

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
Keep in mind that you have to ultimately make use of a decorator that
makes use of the layoutSettings.javascripts variable (ie
framework/common/webcommon/includes/header.ftl)

What is also interesting in this and I'm thinking it may not be
implemented correctly is the attribute global="true" when your variable
has a parent node.  In this case javascripts is the variable and
layoutSettings is the parent node.

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Tim,

I just tried using that line in the <action> section of a screen definition and
it works.

-Adrian