Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by fl...@eads.com.my on 2006/11/09 11:43:12 UTC

spamassasin --lint

hi

i new here..

can anyone know  after i adding new domain for whitelist,  how can i me it
active immediately with out stop and start the service.

because when restart , some spam mail already pass throught...

what is the differet betweent   service spamassassin restart  and  service
spamassassin condrestart ?

or  after add new whitelist  just type   spamassassin --lint will  the
whitelist domain active immediate ?

thanks
wong

Re: spamassasin --lint

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>.
On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 18:43:12 +0800, <fl...@eads.com.my> wrote:

>hi
>
>i new here..
>
>can anyone know  after i adding new domain for whitelist,  how can i me it
>active immediately with out stop and start the service.
>
>because when restart , some spam mail already pass throught...
>
>what is the differet betweent   service spamassassin restart  and  service
>spamassassin condrestart ?
>
>or  after add new whitelist  just type   spamassassin --lint will  the
>whitelist domain active immediate ?
>
>thanks
>wong

I'm not sure about condrestart but any changes you make to the
local.cf file won't be applied until you restart the SA service.

--lint reads the settings in from the local.cf and associated files as
if SA was running with those settings, not as SA is running at that
point.

I deal with restarts by having multiple SA servers running, if my MTA
can't get a response out of the 1st it goes to the 2nd and so on.

If you are getting that much spam through, you could stop your smtp
service or shut port 25 temporarily while SA restarts.

Hope that helps

Nigel