Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Steve Ebersole <st...@austin.rr.com> on 2002/06/01 04:00:47 UTC

Re: Log4J & J2EE - Best Practices

I would suggest using the JMS appender.  I use this in my J2EE setup and
have had no problems.

Posted by tek1 <te...@pobox.com>.
in general, i would say to use the "jms appender" b/c jms/messaging is an
asynchronous process and your method calling the logger to log whatever
would not have to wait for the logging operation to complete before
continuing, which i believe would be the case with a "jdbc appender".

Posted by Nate Drake <na...@evoxis.com>.