Posted to user@geode.apache.org by CREMARENCO Cosmin <Co...@murex.com> on 2016/04/11 09:47:45 UTC

Supported string encoding in PDX

Hello,

What is the supported string encoding when reading/writing a string using PDX?
I wasn't able to find that info in the doc. Am I correct in assuming that's UTF8?

Thanks!

Cosmin
*******************************

This e-mail contains information for the intended recipient only. It may contain proprietary material or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it. Murex cannot guarantee that it is virus free and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from its use. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify immediately the sender and delete the original email received, any attachments and all copies from your system.

Re: Supported string encoding in PDX

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.
I don't know much about the gemfire native client - that's not actually
part of geode yet BTW. But I think the serialized PDX format itself ought
to be independent of which method is called because at the end of the day
if a java client client calls readString it should get a java String back,
and the java client only handles the format I described earlier.

-Dan

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Cosmin,