Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Harmon S. Nine" <hn...@ns1.netarx.com> on 2000/07/24 14:45:10 UTC

xerces-perl code

Hi all.

Apparently, mail from my machine isn't making it to this list, so I'm
sending from a different machine ... hope it makes it.

I also have a working version of xerces-perl, with some nice functionality
added:

1)  Error handling by perl functions
2)  A "serialize" method implemented directly in the XERCES perl module
(at least until the xerces-c folks implement one directly in C++.
3)  An "actual_cast" function, which essentially performs a dynamic cast
on a DOM_Node to its actual class.  Basically, its a safe "reinterpret
cast".
4)  Limited operator and function overloading, (via post-processing of
XERCES.pm).

I'd like to volunteer to be a "committer" for xerces-perl, but I don't
know what my responsibilities would be, nor how to meet them.

-- Harmon

---------------------------
Dr. Harmon S. Nine
Netarx, Inc.

30910 Telegraph Road
Bingham Farms, MI 48025

PH.  (248)647-9800
FX.  (248)647-9840

Re: xerces-perl code

Posted by Fredrick Paul Eisele <ph...@netarx.com>.
Mike Pogue wrote:

> Assuming that there are still people on this list,
> and that they want somebody to put in
> this added functionality, could I see some +1 votes?
+1
Fred

Re: xerces-perl code

Posted by "Parand T. Darugar" <td...@velocigen.com>.
Hello,

> Assuming that there are still people on this list, and that they want somebody to put in
> this added functionality, could I see some +1 votes?

+1.

Best,

Parand Tony Darugar			tdarugar@velocigen.com
858-622-1164				High Performance Perl Server Pages
858-622-0303 fax			VelociGen XML Server
http://www.velocigen.com/		Confidential

Re: xerces-perl code

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.
OK, I think that's enough!  :-)

I'll post to the PMC board, to make it happen!  (insert short delay here)

          "Harmon S. Nine" <hn...@ns1.netarx.com>

Mike

Re: xerces-perl code

Posted by Damian Burke <da...@lucent.com>.

Re: xerces-perl code

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.
I think that anybody who volunteers to help gets to decide what their responsibilities
would be!  :-)

What you've done sounds great!

To make you a committer, I'll need a couple of +1 votes, and then I'll send the
appropriate note to the xml.apache.org PMC, to make it happen.

Assuming that there are still people on this list, and that they want somebody to put in
this added functionality, could I see some +1 votes?

Thanks,
Mike