Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2023/01/09 20:25:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 10.1.5

The proposed Apache Tomcat 10.1.5 release is now available for
voting.

The notable changes compared to 10.1.4 are:

- Correct a regression in the refactoring that replaced the use of the
   URL constructors. The regression broke lookups for resources that
   contained one or more characters in their name that required escaping
   when used in a URI path.

- When resetting an HTTP/2 stream because the final response has been
   generated before the request has been fully read, use the HTTP/2 error
   code NO_ERROR so that client does not discard the response. Based on a
   suggestion by Lorenzo Dalla Vecchia.

- Change the default of the org.apache.el.GET_CLASSLOADER_USE_PRIVILEGED
   system property to true unless the EL library is running on Tomcat in
   which case the default remains false as the EL library is already
   called from within a privileged block and skipping the unnecessary
   privileged block improves performance.

For full details, see the change log:
https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-10.1.x/docs/changelog.html

Applications that run on Tomcat 9 and earlier will not run on Tomcat 10
without changes. Java EE applications designed for Tomcat 9 and earlier
may be placed in the $CATALINA_BASE/webapps-javaee directory and Tomcat
will automatically convert them to Jakarta EE and copy them to the
webapps directory.

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-10/v10.1.5/

The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1414

The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/10.1.5
f6eebe2ef959503150432dc2700181bd29a5ebc9

The proposed 10.1.5 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 10.1.5

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 10.1.5

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 09/01/2023 20:25, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed 10.1.5 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 10.1.5

Unit tests pass for Linux (x64), MacOS (x64 and arm64) and Windows (x64).

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 10.1.5

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 1/9/23 21:25, Mark Thomas wrote:
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 10.1.5

Tested on fedora 37.
--
Cheers

Jean-Frederic

RE: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Tomcat 10.1.5

Posted by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID.
Thank you!

Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire
Jon McAlexander
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Asst. Vice President
He/His

Middleware Product Engineering
Enterprise CIO | EAS | Middleware | Infrastructure Solutions

8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322
MAC: F4469-010
Tel 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508

jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 9:25 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 10.1.5 release is now available for
> voting.
>
> The notable changes compared to 10.1.4 are:
>
> - Correct a regression in the refactoring that replaced the use of the
>    URL constructors. The regression broke lookups for resources that
>    contained one or more characters in their name that required escaping
>    when used in a URI path.
>
> - When resetting an HTTP/2 stream because the final response has been
>    generated before the request has been fully read, use the HTTP/2 error
>    code NO_ERROR so that client does not discard the response. Based on a
>    suggestion by Lorenzo Dalla Vecchia.
>
> - Change the default of the org.apache.el.GET_CLASSLOADER_USE_PRIVILEGED
>    system property to true unless the EL library is running on Tomcat in
>    which case the default remains false as the EL library is already
>    called from within a privileged block and skipping the unnecessary
>    privileged block improves performance.
>
> For full details, see the change log:
> https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-10.1.x/docs/changelog.html
>
> Applications that run on Tomcat 9 and earlier will not run on Tomcat 10
> without changes. Java EE applications designed for Tomcat 9 and earlier
> may be placed in the $CATALINA_BASE/webapps-javaee directory and Tomcat
> will automatically convert them to Jakarta EE and copy them to the
> webapps directory.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-10/v10.1.5/
>
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1414
>
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/10.1.5
> f6eebe2ef959503150432dc2700181bd29a5ebc9
>

> The proposed 10.1.5 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 10.1.5

Rémy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 10.1.5

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mark,

On 1/9/23 15:25, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 10.1.5 release is now available for
> voting.
>
> The notable changes compared to 10.1.4 are:
>
> - Correct a regression in the refactoring that replaced the use of the
>    URL constructors. The regression broke lookups for resources that
>    contained one or more characters in their name that required escaping
>    when used in a URI path.
>
> - When resetting an HTTP/2 stream because the final response has been
>    generated before the request has been fully read, use the HTTP/2 error
>    code NO_ERROR so that client does not discard the response. Based on a
>    suggestion by Lorenzo Dalla Vecchia.
>
> - Change the default of the org.apache.el.GET_CLASSLOADER_USE_PRIVILEGED
>    system property to true unless the EL library is running on Tomcat in
>    which case the default remains false as the EL library is already
>    called from within a privileged block and skipping the unnecessary
>    privileged block improves performance.
>
> For full details, see the change log:
> https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-10.1.x/docs/changelog.html
>
> Applications that run on Tomcat 9 and earlier will not run on Tomcat 10
> without changes. Java EE applications designed for Tomcat 9 and earlier
> may be placed in the $CATALINA_BASE/webapps-javaee directory and Tomcat
> will automatically convert them to Jakarta EE and copy them to the
> webapps directory.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-10/v10.1.5/
>
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1414
>
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/10.1.5
> f6eebe2ef959503150432dc2700181bd29a5ebc9
>

> The proposed 10.1.5 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 10.1.5

Thanks for RMing

+0

I have verified that

(a) The source distribution compiles successfully
(b) The release artifacts (both source and binary) match those I built
locally in (a) above

I have not even tried running it.

-chris

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 10.1.5

Posted by Han Li <li...@apache.org>.

> On Jan 10, 2023, at 04:25, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 10.1.5 release is now available for
> voting.
>
> The notable changes compared to 10.1.4 are:
>
> - Correct a regression in the refactoring that replaced the use of the
>  URL constructors. The regression broke lookups for resources that
>  contained one or more characters in their name that required escaping
>  when used in a URI path.
>
> - When resetting an HTTP/2 stream because the final response has been
>  generated before the request has been fully read, use the HTTP/2 error
>  code NO_ERROR so that client does not discard the response. Based on a
>  suggestion by Lorenzo Dalla Vecchia.
>
> - Change the default of the org.apache.el.GET_CLASSLOADER_USE_PRIVILEGED
>  system property to true unless the EL library is running on Tomcat in
>  which case the default remains false as the EL library is already
>  called from within a privileged block and skipping the unnecessary
>  privileged block improves performance.
>
> For full details, see the change log:
> https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-10.1.x/docs/changelog.html
>
> Applications that run on Tomcat 9 and earlier will not run on Tomcat 10 without changes. Java EE applications designed for Tomcat 9 and earlier may be placed in the $CATALINA_BASE/webapps-javaee directory and Tomcat will automatically convert them to Jakarta EE and copy them to the webapps directory.
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-10/v10.1.5/
>
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1414
>
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/10.1.5
> f6eebe2ef959503150432dc2700181bd29a5ebc9
>

> The proposed 10.1.5 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X ] Stable - go ahead and release as 10.1.5

Han