Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2017/07/30 11:27:53 UTC

Re: I want to test AOO 4.1.4 again

Am 30.07.2017 um 12:47 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
> I had, some time ago, promised to test again the Windows version of AOO 4.1.4.
>
> Where can I find the current version (build) that is currently being tested? Link?
>
> is it:
> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-414-Test/Full%20Installation/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.4_Win_x86_install_de_1800873.exe
>
> Or What else?

I cannot find his mail regarding these builds or any newer. So, I assume
this is the most current build version.

Marcus

Re: I want to test AOO 4.1.4 again

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Am 31.07.2017 um 12:45 schrieb Pedro:
> Hi Peter
>
> On 31-07-2017 06:21, Peter kovacs wrote:
>> Matthias ment the version is not for productive use, only for testing.
>
> Yes, I know that. But in a real world the only way to really test a
> build is to use it on your daily tasks. That is why I say that I am a
> user.

Testing from a "user perspective" is a good approach and it is what I do
most of the time... ;-)

> I don't expect common users to do this. But if testers were willing to
> risk and developers were willing to fix regressions and real life bugs
> as a priority, this (and any program) would evolve in huge leaps.

I am sure some people will download my builds and use it as if they were
officially released.
That is why I started to "brand" my builds, to make them distinguishable
from official ones.

Regards, Matthias

Posted by Pedro <pe...@openmailbox.org>.
Hi Peter

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@openmailbox.org>.
Hi again

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Am 30.07.2017 um 14:35 schrieb Pedro:
> Hi Matthias
>
> On 30-07-2017 12:32, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>> I am just uploading new builds (same revision, but some updates in the
>> build environment).

Hi Pedro,

> Is there any noticeable change from the user perspective? Should
> testers replace the previous build with this one?

No, it is the same revision. But users shouldn't use it! ;-)

Testers are free to replace the version to see if the new components
have any impact on the installation/program.
(Cygwin and NSIS installer were updated)

Kind regards, Matthias

Posted by Pedro <pe...@openmailbox.org>.
Hi Matthias

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
I am just uploading new builds (same revision, but some updates in the
build environment).

German full installation is ready (30.07.2017) but the rest will take
some time to upload... ;-)

Kind regards, Matthias