Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kenny A. Chaffin" <ke...@kacweb.com> on 2002/09/18 13:45:07 UTC

I get a HttpServlet not found error wth 4.1.10 under Win2000

This is probably some stupid config thing, but I installed 4.1.10 (I've got
4.0.4 running fine on various machines) and when I try to run the servlet
examples I get a:

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

exception error.

I've got TOMCAT_HOME and CATALINA_HOME both set to my base directory
(c:\tomcat41)

my jdk is 1.4

I tried adding jsdk.jar into the classpath, but that causes other errors on
startup before I can even access the examples.

What stupid thing am I doing wrong???

KAC

Kenny A. Chaffin
KAC Website Design - http://www.kacweb.com
Custom/Contract Programming, Graphics, Design
Poetry Page: http://www.kacweb.com/poems/