Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Matthias Zeilinger <Ma...@bwinparty.com> on 2013/01/28 14:56:46 UTC

data not shown up after some time

Hi,

I´m a simple operations guy and new to Cassandra.
I have the problem that one of our application is writing data into Cassandra (but not deleting them, because we should have a 90 days TTL).
The application operates in 1 KS with 5 CF. my current setup:

3 node cluster and KS has a RF of 3 (I know it´s not the best setup)

I can see now the problem that after 10 days most (nearly all) data are not showing anymore in the cli and also our application cannot see the data.
I assume that it has something to do with the gc_grace_seconds, it is set to 10 days.

I have read many documentations about tombstones, but our application doesn´t perform deletes.
How can I see in the cli, if I row key has any tombstone or not.

Could it be that there are some ghost tombstones?

Thx for your help

Br,
Matthias Zeilinger
Production Operation - Shared Services

P: +43 (0) 50 858-31185
M: +43 (0) 664 85-34459
E: matthias.zeilinger@bwinparty.com

bwin.party services (Austria) GmbH
Marxergasse 1B
A-1030 Vienna

www.bwinparty.com

RE: data not shown up after some time

Posted by Matthias Zeilinger <Ma...@bwinparty.com>.
Hi,

Thx for the great support.
I have checked everything and after a rebuild_index all data were searchable. I will upgrade to 1.1.9 asap.

Many thx,

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by Matthias Zeilinger <Ma...@bwinparty.com>.