Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Henry Robinson <he...@apache.org> on 2016/12/16 18:56:17 UTC

Any autotools experts?

I'm trying to add auto[make|conf] and libtool to our toolchain. Everything
almost works, except for when the Kudu build calls autoreconf -fvi for
snappy. The error occurs when calling autoreconf calls autoconf --force.
I've discovered that removing the toolchain auto*make* from the path fixes
the issue, which is kind of weird.

What is strange is that the toolchain version is exactly the same as the
system one. The error suggests that the AC_DEFINE macro (which is in
general.m4) can't be found. What I don't know is how to change where it's
looked for. (I've edited ACLOCAL_PATH to no effect).

Any ideas?

autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: running: libtoolize --copy --force
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, `m4'.
libtoolize: copying file `m4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file `m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
autoreconf: running:
/data/henry/src/cloudera/native-toolchain/build/autoconf-2.69/bin/autoconf
--force
configure.ac:42: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
            See the Autoconf documentation.
            configure.ac:44: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_FAILURE
            autoreconf:
/data/henry/src/cloudera/native-toolchain/build/autoconf-2.69/bin/autoconf
failed with exit status: 1

Re: Any autotools experts?

Posted by Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>.
That's what I wound up doing. I'd rather not, because it seems like there's
a setup problem with the toolchain autotools, but only enabling toolchain
autotools for certain builds worked well and doesn't seem like too much of
a hack.

--
Henry Robinson
Software Engineer