Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by acpmasquerade <dh...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/02 04:28:43 UTC

Re: UDP protocol examples

Being a newbie to MINA has many challenges especially in UDP. Its easy to
work on TCP Sockets, but I do not know why my program screws up when I just
switch it to DatagramAcceptor.

It has been said throughout the forum that It's not that necessary to have
UDP specific examples in the forum. But, I could not find the reason 'why is
that said so?".

At this mail, I expect a simple but a good example just to start with UDP in
Mina, as it has been told to write if required.
However, I may complete what I have been looking for, before replied.Since,
this is not anywhere throughout the forum, it will be helpful for newbies
like me.

Sincerely,
ACP

Re: UDP protocol examples

Posted by Jeroen Brattinga <je...@gmail.com>.
The beauty of Mina is that the underlying protocol is not important. So
you should be able to simply switch to DatagramAcceptor (that's the
reason why UDP specific examples aren't really necessary).

Maybe you could clarify what you mean by 'screws up'. Any exceptions,
examples and current source code could help us remedy your problem.

I also had a problem switching to UDP myself, but that was caused by the
(non-Mina) device I connected to. The real only problem became apparent
when I looked at packet level (using a packet sniffer like Packetyzer
(Windows) or Wireshark (Linux).

My advice: capture typical TCP connection packets, and compare them to
UDP connection packets. If there is no difference (apart from the header
information), let us look at some of your source code.

Jeroen Brattinga