Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Edmond Wong <wy...@pacbell.net> on 2005/05/05 05:36:03 UTC

Tools to generate JSP Forms from Java Object

Hi,

I am looking for a set of tools to generate JSP form(s) from Java
bean(s) for data entry.   In my small project at work, when the root
form is saved, it will populate the fields in the java bean(s), then to
transform the bean to XML documents.  A simulator will take the XML
documents, then send the XML documents to other business system using Tibco.

The reason to use JSP forms is to have Mercury's LoadRunner to interact
with the forms using HTTP protocol for automated testing.   I don't have
a choice in choosing the test tool, but to use LoadRunner from Mercury.

Thanks,

Edmond

Re: Tools to generate JSP Forms from Java Object

Posted by Emmanouil Batsis <Em...@eurodyn.com>.
Edmond Wong wrote:

> I am looking for a set of tools to generate JSP form(s) from Java
> bean(s) for data entry.   In my small project at work, when the root
> form is saved, it will populate the fields in the java bean(s), then
> to transform the bean to XML documents.  A simulator will take the XML
> documents, then send the XML documents to other business system using
> Tibco.

I started working on an Ant task some time ago that generates JSP pages
with forms. It would be easy to finish it if you know the Ant API and
XSL. I abandoned the project to start working on a struts-or-other-MVC
aware approach instead, but havent even started yet... Please note that
the JSP forms are generated from Hibernate mapping files, not java
classes, although you could use hibernate.doclet tags to generate those.
Let me know if you would be interested in taking a look.

Manos