Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2002/07/10 21:40:19 UTC

"blank" Content-Length with Apache 2.0?

Should we also allow "blank" Content-Length headers in 2.0?

Even if not, it seems to me that in the normal case, we're subjecting
each "char" in the C-L: value field to at least one check before we
go ahead and determine the real value. It appears more efficient to me
to go ahead and simply use strtol and handle the error condition of a
negative number when we check for errno (as we do with 1.3). This makes
the normal condition more streamlined and slightly faster.

Re: "blank" Content-Length with Apache 2.0?

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
I'm sort of dubious on the whole 'retain blank headers' bit.  If we put
them into the request_headers list, many modules might barf when
they encounter them.

Is it possible, by the protocol, to consider blank headers a noop,
and simply not store them in the request headers array?
E.g. no value [excepting white space] == not present?

Bill