Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Imran Rajjad <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/10 09:21:56 UTC

best spark spatial lib?

I need to have a location column inside my Dataframe so that I can do
spatial queries and geometry operations. Are there any third-party packages
that perform this kind of operations. I have seen a few like Geospark and
megalan but they don't support operations where spatial and logical
operators can be combined.

regards,
Imran

--
I.R

Re: best spark spatial lib?

Posted by Silvio Fiorito <si...@granturing.com>.
There’s a number of packages for geospatial analysis, depends on the features you need. Here are a few I know of and/or have used:

Magellan: https://github.com/harsha2010/magellan
MrGeo: https://github.com/ngageoint/mrgeo
GeoMesa: http://www.geomesa.org/documentation/tutorials/spark.html
GeoSpark (just heard of this): http://geospark.datasyslab.org/

Thanks,
Silvio

Re: best spark spatial lib?

Posted by Imran Rajjad <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guy for the response.

Basically I am migrating an oracle pl/sql procedure to spark-java. In
oracle I have a table with geometry column, on which I am able to do a

"where col = 1 and geom.within(another_geom)"

I am looking for a less complicated port in to spark for which queries. I
will give these libraries a shot.

@Ram .. Magellan I gues does not support Java

regards,
Imran

--
I.R

Re: best spark spatial lib?

Posted by Ram Sriharsha <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: best spark spatial lib?

Posted by Jim Hughes <jn...@ccri.com>.
Hi all,

GeoMesa integrates with Spark SQL and allows for queries like:

select * from chicago where case_number = 1 and st_intersects(geom,
st_makeBox2d(st_point(-77, 38), st_point(-76, 39)))

GeoMesa does this by calling package protected Spark methods to
implement geospatial user defined types and functions.

Cheers,

Jim

Re: best spark spatial lib?

Posted by Georg Heiler <ge...@gmail.com>.