Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Miguel Montes <mi...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/21 22:06:59 UTC

Re: [classlib][html] Differences with RI

Hi,
I fllled several JIRA issues more than three weeks ago, but they are still
unassigned. (HARMONY-1272, 1349, 1350, 1395). We are working in the parser,
and there are some issues that should be solved, such as the structure of
ContentModel.
I would like to hear other people thoughts about this, particularly those
from the developers of the existing javax.swing.text.html.parser code

Regards
Miguel Montes

On 8/23/06, Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that filing JIRA issue is right way :)
>
> 2006/8/23, Miguel Montes <mi...@gmail.com>:
> > Hi:
> > We have found several differences between Harmony's implementation of
> > j.s.t.h.parser and the RI. I'm not sure if these should be reported
> > individually as JIRA issues, or should be discussed here.
> >
> > For instance, in j.s.t.h.p.Entity, the RI. encodes isParameter and
> isGeneral
> > in the type, which is a public field, while the current implementation
> in
> > Harmony uses two boolean fields. So, the value of a public field is
> > different in both implementations.
> >
> > Another case:
> > ContentModel:
> >
> > The method first() should return the element that must be the first
> element
> > to appear in a ContentModel. If it's not unique, the RI returns null.
> For
> > instance, for the following ContentModel:
> >
> > TITLE & ISINDEX? & BASE?
> >
> > Any of those elements could appear at the beggining of a valid matching
> > expression. So, the method first should return null, because there is
> not a
> > single element that could be considered as the unique one that can
> appear at
> > the head of a matching expression. Nevertheless, for this example (as
> for
> > some others), HARMONY-948 returned a value. For this example, a BASE
> value
> > was obtained.
> >
> > There are several more. Should we post them as separate JIRA issues, o
> as
> > one big issue, with the suggeste patches?
> >

> > --
> > Miguel Montes
> >

> --
> Alexey A. Petrenko
> Intel Middleware Products Division

Miguel Montes

Re: [classlib][html] Differences with RI

Posted by Miguel Montes <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 9/25/06, Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Miguel Montes wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I fllled several JIRA issues more than three weeks ago, but they are
> > still
> > unassigned. (HARMONY-1272, 1349, 1350, 1395). We are working in the
> > parser,
> > and there are some issues that should be solved, such as the structure
> of
> > ContentModel.
> I'd like to look at patches for 1349 and 1350 today, but 1395 is a
> contribution, so probably it needs Geir to raise a voting on it. And
> anyone interests to provide a patch for 1272?

I can provide the patch for 1272, but I was looking for some discussion
about the issue. Changing the content model changes how the DTD is stored,
and affects, for instance the contribution in 1395.
I think our representation of a content model should be the same as the
representation used in the RI, but i would like to hear other opinions.
If there aren't objections to this, I can post the patch for 1272, as well
as the modifications to 1395. That would be the binary representations
(bdtds) of the HTML 3.2 and HTML 4.01 DTDs.

Miguel Montes

Re: [classlib][html] Differences with RI

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.