Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "O'Neal, Christopher [USA]" <O'...@bah.com> on 2014/02/27 13:27:01 UTC

Node.js Interaction with Accumulo

I’m not sure how much interest there is, but in an attempt to avoid writing Java code to push and pull data from Accumulo, I whipped up a pyaccumulo inspired package for Node.js to allow interaction through the Thrift proxy.  It’s still super early on in development, but you should be able to do basic table operations, scanning and writing, while having a slightly more streamlined interface than the Thrift generated code.  I saw node-accumulo (https://github.com/joshelser/node-accumulo), but it didn’t really fill the need that I had for a library I could drop into an application and talk to Accumulo with.

The code is available at https://github.com/christopheroneal/nodeulo, and it’s available on npm for use in any projects.  I know it’s made my life a bit easier while using it the past couple days, so maybe someone else will find it useful too.

Chris

Re: Node.js Interaction with Accumulo

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.
Although a little dated, there is also
https://github.com/klucar/node-accumulo you could reference.  I recall
Jim's sticking point being the nodejs/thrift interaction which is why he
wrote https://github.com/klucar/node-thrift.  Cool stuff.

How's the performance?  Would love to see some benchmarks compared to query
with the Java API.

Mike