Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Ni...@sercel.fr on 2003/02/18 11:51:01 UTC

Réf. : XML Schema parser?

I'm not sure but I think that the DOM level 3 will provide APIs to access schemas data. But DOM level 3 has not been yet completely
implemented in Xerces.
I have the same needs as you and for the moment, I use a simple DOM parser to parse XSD data and access XSD elements. The problem is
that XSD schemas are very complex and the Xerces DOM API does not implement the powerfull X-Path request language to retrieve
information in the XML trees...
Does anybody know if there will be a complete implementation of X-Path in the future ? And what about a powerfull XML schema API ?

                    Neil Blue
                    <Neil.Blue@denovop        Pour :  "'xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org'" <xe...@xml.apache.org>
                    harma.com>                cc :
                                              Objet :      XML Schema parser?
                    02/18/2003 11:35
                    AM
                    Veuillez répondre
                    à xerces-j-user

Hello,

I am looking for a parser that will read in an XML Schema and provide access
to the elements and  types via an interface. I have found that xerces will
handle schema validation but I have been unable to find out if it also
provides access to the schema's after it has parsed them. Please could
anyone tell me if this is possible, or if there is another method for
parsing XML Schemas.

Thank you
Neil