Posted to user@storm.apache.org by 羅以豪 <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/18 19:54:33 UTC

ack & fail not work in submitter but local mode does

Hi guys, I've been stuck with this problem for days.

I run storm 0.9.0.1 and I also follow some rules from official guide for

message handle, such followings

- no time out for tuple
-  spout and bolts are extending BaseRichSpout and BaseRichBolt
 respectively.
- sure that give a message Id(object ID) for each tuple.

I have a spout and a bolt in topology across two nodes

and problem happened when I submit the topology to storm

spout's fail function called immediately when emits the tuple

and  ack() or fail() were called in bolt but spout didn't receive anything

it seems the message handle mechanism out of function but I have no

idea. Does someone has the some experience?

Re: ack & fail not work in submitter but local mode does

Posted by Srinath C <sr...@gmail.com>.
There is no ack() or fail() on a BaseRichBolt. I'm not sure I understand.

Posted by 羅以豪 <se...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for not clear on this. I use the ack and fail method provided by
collector class
2014-4-19 上午1:54 於 "羅以豪" <se...@gmail.com> 寫道: