Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/11/07 00:59:32 UTC

BugRat Report #349 has been filed.

Bug report #349 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/349>

REPORT #349 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: docbug
State: received
Severity: non-critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: jakarta-tomcat-4.0-m4
   JVM Release: jdk1.3
   Operating System: Linux
   OS Release: 2.2.14
   Platform: x86

Synopsis:
Documentation does not mention spaces in web.xml or taglibs.

More of a severe annoyance than a bug, but it took me about
six hours to figure out that my applications wouldn't work
because I had spaces in my web.xml and tag libraries between
the tags and their bodies.

Example:
    <tagclass> com.acme.HelloWorld </tagclass>
needs to be
    <tagclass>com.acme.HelloWorld</tagclass>

It would be nice to have some documentation of this, since it
is not necessarily appearant.

Actually, it would be even better to simply trim off the spaces
and let you define your tags with them (makes it look nicer).
But I'm not sure what standards this would break, so I won't
worry about that.  Thank you!