Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Richard Frovarp <ri...@sendit.nodak.edu> on 2007/12/20 20:29:56 UTC

Failure occured during job recovery.

Has anyone ever figured this out? I only have one instance running (or
did). Port 9002 isn't bound to. Where is it loading it's data from?
What's going on? Should we perhaps have instructions on how to use a
different more reliable database? I had to restart my production system
and now it isn't coming back up, due to this error. When I start lenya,
I can see that port 9002 is then bound to, but nothing is bound to it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

Re: Failure occured during job recovery.

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi

Am 21.12.2007 um 14:31 schrieb Richard Frovarp:

>> Am I interpreting correctly (by looking at scheduler/
>> datasources.xconf), that the lenya scheduler is saving it's data in
>> a hsqldb (called via localhost:9002)?
>>

>> Jürgen
>>
> Yeah, you would appear to be correct. Under webapp/WEB-INF/db it
> appears to have the DB.

... I only see the a db script and properties file there - no data.

Actually I'm looking for a way to backup the scheduler data.

Any hints how to do that are appreciated!

> I'm not sure what fixed it, but I re-chown -R the application, and
> deleted stuff from /tmp and the Jetty directory, then it started up
> again. There is no logging anywhere that indicates what is wrong,
> which is the really frustrating part. I am strongly considering
> switching to either Postgres or Derby so that I don't have this
> weird issue.

I'm glad your server started up again!

Jürgen

null-oder-eins GmbH Zürich
web & graphic design

www.null-oder-eins.ch

ragaller@apache.org
Skype: callto://ragaller

Re: Failure occured during job recovery.

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Jürgen Ragaller wrote:
> Hi Richard
>
> Am 20.12.2007 um 20:29 schrieb Richard Frovarp:
>
>> Has anyone ever figured this out? I only have one instance running
>> (or did). Port 9002 isn't bound to. Where is it loading it's data
>> from? What's going on? Should we perhaps have instructions on how to
>> use a different more reliable database? I had to restart my
>> production system and now it isn't coming back up, due to this error.
>> When I start lenya, I can see that port 9002 is then bound to, but
>> nothing is bound to it.
>

> Am I interpreting correctly (by looking at
> scheduler/datasources.xconf), that the lenya scheduler is saving it's
> data in a hsqldb (called via localhost:9002)?
>

> Jürgen

Yeah, you would appear to be correct. Under webapp/WEB-INF/db it appears
to have the DB. I'm not sure what fixed it, but I re-chown -R the

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi Richard