Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2015/12/09 10:42:11 UTC

Run Windows on top of KVM+virtio? Watch out for Windows updates, system unbootable!

Hi,

Just a quick heads-up!
Someone on the CentOS ML reported his Windows 2008r2 VM on top of KVM+VirtIO PV ended up unbootable after he installed the SUSE Network and Storage drivers from the Optional Updates channel.
I've just checked now and it's the case, the system blue screens after reboot. Will test 2012r2 shortly.

It'd be best if you don't install those updates/drivers for now, looks like someone in Redmond didn't do his homework.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: AW: AW: Run Windows on top of KVM+virtio? Watch out for Windows updates, system unbootable!

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
No idea, sorry. I have destroyed the test VMs.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.