Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2005/05/10 16:00:52 UTC

Re: [RT] documents, resources, resource types

J. Wolfgang Kaltz wrote:

> What we have now IIUC is
> - documents (class Document), which can contain one piece of XML content
> of a certain type (the "resource type")
> - resource types (class DocumentType), which gives information about a
> resource type (name, schema location, ...) and a factory for creating
> documents of this type
> - assets (class Resource), which belong to a Document

now that we store metadata seperately, we can store the resource type in
the private lenya metadata, and treat them the same. the idea was also
to have assets independant of documents (global assets)

> I was thinking a while back about how the Lenya object model might be
> changed to better support key features such as content aggregation and
> global assets. Initial thoughts are summarized in
> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/ContentModelProposal and although it is far
> from complete it may provide a basis for discussion.
>
> Any input is appreciated, either here in the mailing list or as comments
> in the Wiki-page.

will take a look

> Bottom-line for short-term name changes would be
> - change Resource to ContentItem
> - change DocumentType to ResourceType
> Any actual structural changes obviously require more analysis and
> discussion.

not sure we should do this at this point