Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Fernando Donati <fe...@donati.com.br> on 2004/02/26 23:12:57 UTC

IMarkupWriter, Blocks and Javascript

Hi,

I'm developing a component that makes some heavy use of JavaScript and
I was struggling with a part of the code where I needed to pass a
component as a parameter, until I discovered the wonderful world of
blocks.

However, the javascript code uses the rendered block inside a function,
therefore it must all be in one single line.  I thought this would be
simple, that I could extend HTMLWriter so that it would not print new
lines, and also extend RenderBlock to override the renderComponent
method, so that it would use my writer (the one that writes no new
lines).

Sadly, I couldn't get it to work, it actually got a lot more
complicated than this. And when this happens I usually ask myself If I
didn't take the wrong path. Is there an easier/better way to do this?

Thanks,

fernando