Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Shweta Subramani <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/26 18:58:08 UTC

Running samplers at fixed percentages but in a randomized fashion

Hello,

I am an intern and completely new to the domain of performance testing. I
have managed to figure out basic features of jmeter. My task is to be able
to create a test where 80% of my users search for a particular app on one
list, 20% search for apps on another list and on the overall, 20% of these
make download requests. I need to use HTTP request sampler for the above. I
broke down my scenario into a first subtask of configuring the 80-20
without a list i.e. making a request to 1 url only. However, loop
controller fires the requests in a sequential order. How can I randomize
the requests?

E.g If I had 10 users 8 of them would request for A 2 would request for B
but I don't want it to be <AAAAAAAABB> or <BBAAAAAAAA> always.

Any help will be appreciated.

I am on my own in this team since no one has experience with jmeter.

-Shweta

Re: Running samplers at fixed percentages but in a randomized fashion

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
This has been discussed a few times before on the mailing list.

Search the archives for Random and Switch Controller.