Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Khaled Ammar <kh...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/05 01:34:51 UTC

Giraph out-of-core feature is not helping!

Hi,

I am using Giraph-1.1.0 to do large graph processing. I was trying to do a
hashMin (WCC) algorithm on a large graph but it failed with out of memory
error. I thought the out-of-core option may help, but it did not.

Is there any advice about how to enable out-of-core processing?

I followed this URL: http://giraph.apache.org/ooc.html

-Khaled

Re: Giraph out-of-core feature is not helping!

Posted by Hassan Eslami <hs...@gmail.com>.
OOC features (both for graph and messages) are under active development at
the moment. The previous version (1.0.0 and 1.1.0) did have several issues
(mostly performance issues and also falling short interacting with
stop-the-world GC pauses while OOC tries to spill data to disk). A new
mechanism for OOC is already pushed into the code base. However, the new
mechanism does not work properly for OOC messages. An entirely new approach
to OOC is under development and soon will be available in the code base.

Best,
Hassan

Posted by Khaled Ammar <kh...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Roman,