Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by RameshKesavanarayanan <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/26 22:08:29 UTC

The path of an ForwardConfig cannot be null

Hi all,

I have page1.jsp . The action of this is per my struts-config is as follows
<action path="/submitBranchingProfile" name="BranchingProfileForm"
type="com.pearson.cat.action.testsetup.branchingprofile.BranchingProfileAction"
scope="request" parameter="submitprofile" validate="true">
<forward name="success"	path="/jsp/administertest/proctor_passw.jsp" />
<forward name="failure" 	path="/displayBranchingProfiles.do" />
<forward name="exception" path="/displayBranchingProfiles.do" />
</action>

The success page "proctor_passw.jsp" has a java script which opens page2.jsp

<script language="JavaScript">
if(<%=request.getParameter("page")%> == null){
var targeturl="privacypolicy.do"
if (document.all){
newwin=window.open(targeturl,"","scrollbars","fullscreen")
		newwin.moveTo(0,0)
		newwin.resizeTo(screen.width,screen.height)
} else {
		var properties = "width=" + (screen.width-5) + ",height=" +
(screen.height-5);
		properties += ",scrollbars";
		newwin=window.open(targeturl,"",properties)
	}
}
</script>

But somehow when this page1.jsp is hit I get the following exception
The path of an ForwardConfig cannot be null

Is there a reason why this fails at this location randomly and not always.

Mail me suggestions at kesavramesh@gmail.com

Regards
Ramesh.K

Re: The path of an ForwardConfig cannot be null

Posted by Rene Gielen <gi...@it-neering.net>.
Please ask questions like this on the struts-user mailing list. The
struts-dev list is for the development of Struts itself.

See http://struts.apache.org/mail.html

- Rene

--
René Gielen