Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Christoph Reck <Ch...@dlr.de> on 2001/01/02 13:25:07 UTC

Re: logical stuff

here my 2c:

> 1) What do we do about determining if a reference is null in VTL?
>[snip]
>  - use something like : #if( $foo == null )

+0, but make it uppercase NULL to reflect the constantness of it.

>[snip]
>  - or #ifdefined( $foo )  or #ifdef( $foo )
>     This is trivially easy to do.

but not necessary.

I think instead of defining implicetely a NULL constant make it
simple and use a real directive $NULL. Does #if($foo == $bar) work
already when both are null?

>  - or another operator :   #if( ?$foo )

-1, I agree: "Hell no. No PERL!"

> 2)  Should we allow the following aliases for the logicals :

-1 on overloading.
Keep it simple '&', '|', and '=' do the job fine.

:) Christoph

---
Happy new Year to all of you!