Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Jayesh Thakrar <j_...@yahoo.com> on 2015/05/20 00:01:01 UTC

Adding configuration parameters and monitoring metrics for custom service

The Ambari doc page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=38571133 is very useful and I was able to add a test service.I am at the next evolution step on some pointers for adding configuration parameters and monitoring metrics.And ofcourse, the step after that would be how to expose the metrics in Ambari UI and the REST API.
I did come across https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-5707 and was not sure if I need to "understand" that in order to write and inject my own metrics.
Any pointers?
Thanks,Jayesh

Re: Adding configuration parameters and monitoring metrics for custom service

Posted by Jayesh Thakrar <j_...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Jaimin!This sounds great and worth the wait for 2.1 and not hack through Ambari-web.

Posted by Jaimin Jetly <ja...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Jayesh,

________________________________

Posted by Jayesh Thakrar <j_...@yahoo.com>.
Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Jayesh,

Posted by Jayesh Thakrar <j_...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you for the link, Sid !I had a look at that, but it does not have any details or pointers to samples on how to dump your own metrics to the Ambari Metrics subsystem.For example, my sample service is TSDB - where I have several TSDB daemons running on an Ambari cluster and I want to dump their health metrics to Ambari so that it can be displayed on the UI. I know how to extract the TSDB metrics from TSDB - but don't know how where and how to route that to the Ambari metrics collector (or montior?).
And once those TSDB metrics are in Ambari, how do I show them in simple graphs in Ambari?
#yiv7182681973 #yiv7182681973 --P{margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}#yiv7182681973 Ambari Metrics wiki page has useful info for you:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Metrics
BR,Sid

Re: Adding configuration parameters and monitoring metrics for custom service