Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Alex O'Ree <al...@apache.org> on 2018/12/08 22:49:02 UTC

Java SASL based rest client example

There are any example java based rest clients or examples that use SASL
based authentication to qpid?

Re: Java SASL based rest client example

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex

Qpid SASL REST authentication is not a part of Qpid public REST API.
We do not expect it to be used outside of Web Management Console.
Instead, a basic authentication can be used with REST requests. (It is
turned off with plain http by default, but, it is enabled with https).

If you are calling REST API from the tests, you can enable basic
authentication in broker configuration as below

"plugins": [
  {
    "type": "MANAGEMENT-HTTP",
    "name": "httpManagement",
    "httpBasicAuthenticationEnabled": true
  }
]

Qpid broker system tests use basic authentication for testing http
management. You can find  test configuration at [1].

If you really have to use REST SASL authentication, you can follow
Qpid system tests [2] testing SASL REST API.
Please let me know if still want to pursue this approach. I will try
to provide you with more details about SASL REST API.

Kind Regards,
Alex

[1] https://github.com/apache/qpid-broker-j/blob/master/systests/qpid-systests-http-management/src/main/resources/config-http-management-tests.json
[2] https://github.com/apache/qpid-broker-j/blob/master/systests/qpid-systests-http-management/src/test/java/org/apache/qpid/tests/http/authentication/SaslTest.java