Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Webmaster <we...@filarescue.org> on 2004/08/01 20:08:08 UTC

[users@httpd] index.php not working?

Apache 1.3
PHP 4.3.8
FreeBSD 5.2.1

The sites that use index.html work fine, but the one that uses index.php (tcslea.org) gives me a "Cannot find server" page when I attempt to visit the site.

In my httpd.conf I have:

LoadModule php4_module libexec/apache/libphp4.so
AddModule mod_php4.c

and

DirectoryIndex index.html index.wml index.cgi index.shtml index.jsp index.js index.jp index.php4 index.php3 index.php index.phtml index.htm index.html.var default.htm default.html home.htm

As an experiment, I stuck a simple index.html into the home directory, and it displayed fine. But when I take it out (leaving only the index.php) I'm back to the "Cannot find server" page. I even get that page if I use the full http://tcslea.org/index.php url.

And on a side note... other sites' php scripts seem to be working flawlessly... it's just the one that uses a .php file for an index page that's not coming up.

And on another side note... I experimented with a working site, by renaming the index.html so it would not work, then moving the index.php from the non-working site over to the working site... the index.php would work for the other site, but not on the site where it belongs.

I'm at a loss...

Thanks,
Chris

[users@httpd] NEVERMIND: index.php not working?

Re: [users@httpd] index.php not working?

Posted by Webmaster <we...@filarescue.org>.

The sites that use index.html work fine, but the one that uses index.php (tcslea.org) gives me a "Cannot find server" page when I attempt to visit the site.

Clarification: It's one of these:

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

<snip>

Chris