Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Schirmacher <nn...@yahoo.de> on 2005/03/20 12:47:00 UTC

xsp:logic block does not compile

This simple xsp file compiles only if the <xsp:logic>
block is nested within another tag. If I remove the
<xyz> tags then I get a NullPointerException. This
seems to be caused by the <xsp-request:get-parameter>
tag, because if I delete those lines then the code
works, with or without the <xyz> tag.

I do not understand why the
<xsp-request:get-parameter>  must be nested within
another tag. Is this a cocoon bug?

I am using cocoon 2.1.6, tomcat 5.0.28, java
1.4.2_05-b04.

Here's the code:

<xsp:page language="java"
xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0">
    <xyz>
    <xsp:logic>
        boolean delete = (<xsp-request:get-parameter
name="DeleteButton"/> != null);
    </xsp:logic>
    </xyz>
</xsp:page>

And here's the exception log:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language
Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException:
Error while instantiating
org/apache/cocoon/www/tt/xsp/class_/list_xsp:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.loadProgram(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:409)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:311)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator.setup(ServerPagesGenerator.java:170)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:370)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.setupPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:609)

Re: xsp:logic block does not compile

Posted by "John L. Webber" <Jo...@jentro.com>.
AFAIK this is not a bug - the <xsp:page> tag is replaced during
processing, but the generated document needs to have a root element,
which you need to supply.

John