Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Michael Maenz <mi...@iconten.de> on 2018/09/04 23:56:59 UTC

Xerces2 Java 2.12.0 (XML Schema 1.1) in maven repository

Hello,

Thanks for your great work first! And I’m a bit sad that Xerces2 with XML Schema 1.1 didn’t make it into Java 10.

I would love to see it at least in the maven repository for simpler use. Using in local repository isn’t really a solution, we’re doing tests on ci-server with svg-generation. Is there a special reason to not put it into maven repository? I only found
org.opengis.cite.xerces.xercesImpl-xsd11 with version 2.12-beta-r1667115

Even if it is beta it could be named like that?

Is there anywhere a feature-completion-list (with a traffic light, like the batik project has) for XML-Schema 1.1?

Thanks in advance!
-Michael

Re: Xerces2 Java 2.12.0 (XML Schema 1.1) in maven repository

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,

On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 8:14 PM Michael Maenz <mi...@iconten.de>
wrote:

> I would love to see it at least in the maven repository for simpler use.
> Using in local repository isn’t really a solution, we’re doing tests on
> ci-server with svg-generation.

Sometime ago, few folks (I think, they're member of Xerces lists) published
the XercesJ 2.12.0 release (the one, which doesn't have XML Schema 1.1), on
Maven central. I think, the same folks could publish the XercesJ 2.12.0
release having XML Schema 1.1 implementation, to Maven central.

Is there a special reason to not put it into maven repository?

As of now, the XercesJ release process doesn't publish the build to Maven
central. XercesJ's current build process is based on Ant.

> Is there anywhere a feature-completion-list (with a traffic light, like
> the batik project has) for XML-Schema 1.1?

I guess, you're looking for the information,
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/xml-schema.html#supported-schema-1.1-features
.

Mukul Gandhi