Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kumar <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/26 08:09:55 UTC

Storing solr results in excel

Hi,

i am getting two field values from excel and querying solr to give top 1
results. But i need to store the results in another excel sheet. Anyone help
me how to store solr results in excel file using solrj

Regards,
Kumar.

Re: Storing solr results in excel

Posted by kumar <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for suggestion

Finally i got the solution

Converted the document into json format and store them in a string

String url = JSONUtil.toJSON(document.get("url"));

then i placed string values in excel file

Re: Storing solr results in excel

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Excel can read/import CSV files, so simply write out the Solr results in a
CSV text file. If you need/wish to write out a native Excel XLSM file, that
is beyond the scope of Solr and SolrJ and this mailing list. Try a Google
search on that topic. I mean, usually Solr results are directly consumed by
an application.

-- Jack Krupansky

If we specify wt=csv then results appear like csv format but i need to store
them in seperate excel file.

Re: Storing solr results in excel

Posted by kumar <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
wt=csv ?

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM, kumar <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am getting two field values from excel and querying solr to give top 1
> results. But i need to store the results in another excel sheet. Anyone
> help
> me how to store solr results in excel file using solrj
>
> Regards,
> Kumar.

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
Principal Engineer,
Grid Dynamics

<http://www.griddynamics.com>
 <mk...@griddynamics.com>

Re: Storing solr results in excel

Posted by kumar <pa...@gmail.com>.
My Response is coming in the follwing way

"response": {
    "numFound": 21,
    "start": 0,
    "maxScore": 1,
    "docs": [
      {
		"pageType": "LP",
		"category": "some category name",
		"url": "some url",
		"score": 1
       }
    ]
  }

I need to store results in antohter string variables. Anybody help me how
can i do it using solrj