Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Peter Meyer <pm...@yahoo.de> on 2010/12/03 13:04:00 UTC

Hi @ all

Hello,

Iam a newbie at the list and want to say Hello to everybody!

I have some embedded questions (Phonenix/Tomcat e.c.t) and really need
quick answers howto deal with it.

Iam in the need to write an 100% Pure Java EJB 3.1 n-Tier Solution, the
Middleware
server for my Enterprise beans are SUN/Oracles Glassfish 3 OpenSource Server.
This Server has the ability to connect to outside EMail-servers but my complete
Project should realize the Features at all on a 100% Java Codebase without
Exceptions
(this is why it should be easy deployable on Windows x / Mac / x / Linux x /
Solaris x).

Iam not interested in configuring various EMail MTA's on every each Operating
System
and hopefully i could integrate with my Programming stuff. So Pheonix looks
great but
it seems to be it is JBoss and or Tomcat or Spring related. Is there a chance
using
the JBoss Codebase for Glassfish v3 or should i write my own MTA (reduced
Featureset)
by my self for my special popurses? My needs: Sending EMail, Receiving EMail.The
EMail Contentdata should be saved via JDBC/SQL in a Binay Database Column
(BLOB).

So i need to know what is the best Way to go ahead.
Should i do a own MTA Project for my Application? Is it hard to write a own MTA
by
mysql (thadt can talk with each other Serversa like Yahoo, Hotmail e.c.t)

OR
Should i use the James/Phones JBoss Aproach? Whats is faster, more reliable and
and tighter integrated with my Programming Stuff?

thank you for your patience,
Greetings from Freiburg,
Germany - Peter

Re: Hi @ all

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Peter,

to make it short, yes you could possible reuse james stuff. I never
used glassfish so its out of my knowledge.

Bye,
Norman

AW: Hi @ all

Re: Hi @ all