Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Ignacio J. Ortega" <na...@siapi.es> on 2001/09/28 15:48:57 UTC

OT: Backlog maximum

Hola a todos:

public ServerSocket(int port, int backlog, InetAddress bindAddr)

Which is the maximum backlog posible?  i'm not asking about practical
limits such as memory or  any other limited resource.. i'm asking in how
to set the maximum without any other consideration.. later we can talk
about how much resources are consumed in each backlog queue item..

Sorry if this is a sillyness, any pointer to docs ( JavaDoc doent answer
this question in any way ) will be highly appreciated..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega

Re: OT: Backlog maximum

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Ignacio J. Ortega wrote:

> Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:48:57 +0200
> From: Ignacio J. Ortega <na...@siapi.es>
> To: 'tomcat-dev' <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: OT: Backlog maximum
>
> Hola a todos:
>
> public ServerSocket(int port, int backlog, InetAddress bindAddr)
>
> Which is the maximum backlog posible?  i'm not asking about practical
> limits such as memory or  any other limited resource.. i'm asking in how
> to set the maximum without any other consideration.. later we can talk
> about how much resources are consumed in each backlog queue item..
>
> Sorry if this is a sillyness, any pointer to docs ( JavaDoc doent answer
> this question in any way ) will be highly appreciated..

This value translates almost directly into a parameter for your operating
system's socket creation system call, so it's really platform dependent
what limits are possible and what resource consumption it costs.  I'd
suggest checking the networking config documentation for your OS.

> Saludos ,
> Ignacio J. Ortega

Craig