Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2017/08/07 15:08:36 UTC

Re: Facebook BSD+patents license and Apache products

I was wondering if it made sense for the ASF to provide some
sort of coordinated and combined effort towards getting FB to
consider changing its license for React affected projects
and podlings, instead of each project itself trying to
handle things...??

Re: Facebook BSD+patents license and Apache products

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I think that it would be timely if we can identify and reach the right
person.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Personal touch is often very useful over and above the literal content.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
I'm almost thinking of this statement as to an explanation as to why the
ASF finds the FBPL to be incompatible with our policies, perhaps on a blog
post or something.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.