Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Tomasz MaciÄ…g | Fuse Collective <t....@fusecollective.com> on 2012/02/06 14:33:08 UTC

Apache Flex logo donation / additional CI elements

Final tweaks of logo are done (I think :D) and it's about time to submit
it. I already have singed iCLA from Adrian Knopik who designed the logo
(he just needs to send it). Following Bertrands advice we'd like attach
it to JIRA.
We're almost ready to go (I think we need to create limited color
versions like: 2 color b-w, mono-tone...) Should we create a new Issue
or attach files to existing one? (e.g.: "Flex trademark donation").

Plan for creating additional materials (we're planning to start working
a them ASAP):

1. Key Visual - graphic/illustration that can be easily adopted and used
in wide range of materials (e.g presentations).
2. Desktop wallpaper.
3. T-shirts. 2 different versions: community t-shirt and company t-shirt
(to present new logo in co-branding scenario)
4. Badge. You could use them on you blog or make actual badge and pin it
to you shirt :)
5. Some stationary elements that could be used in printable documents
and probably some promotion materials. As someone from community stated
the project itself will not be printing any materials and there weren't
any precise requests from community so I don't know what exactly we'll
make. We'll probably focus on presenting different use cases.
...and especially for Brent Arnold, I think we should be able to find
some time for designing a koozie :P

You can expect to see above elements at the end of week (or at the
beginning of next week).

We're definitely going to work on logo motion and we try to present our
take on website but at this point I can't promise when this will happen.

We're probably not going to work on:
     - presentation theme
     - complete font face

I know 2012 Apache Flex Tour is starting soon so maybe we could help
somehow? (design something...)