Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Wael Al-Manasrah <wa...@uwaterloo.ca> on 2022/09/30 18:19:54 UTC

ActiveMQ Artemis maximum connection limit

Hello,

I am a graduate student @ University of Waterloo. I am conducting a comprehensive survey of open-source messaging middleware, I am trying to figure out what happens when a user max-connections resource limit is reached. Does Artemis refuse new connections with an error/exception? This link<https://github.com/apache/activemq-artemis/blob/e364961c8f035613f3ce4e3bdb3430a17efb0ffd/docs/user-manual/en/resource-limits.md> has all what I could find about resource limits in Artemis!

Thanks in advance and sorry for an inconvenience,

Wael.

Re: ActiveMQ Artemis maximum connection limit

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
In the case of a client using the core protocol the
ActiveMQSessionCreationException would be directly returned when they tried
to create a new session beyond the configured limit. The exception would
have a message like this:

  AMQ229110: Too many sessions for user 'myUser'. Sessions allowed: 1.

Hope that helps!

Justin

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.