Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Brian Shields <br...@geminga.it.nuigalway.ie> on 2006/03/08 13:44:09 UTC

problem sending xml as parameter in secure message call

Hi Guys,
I have a secure service established using wss4j and connect to it using
a simple client. For testing purposes this is an echo service. It works
perfectly when i pass a simple string as the parameter to the call,
however when i pass it a string which is generated from an
org.jdom.Document using an org.jdom.output.XMLOutputter i get the errors
below. Is there something i have to do to the String? or the Document
before outputting?
Thanks,
Brian.

org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: Cannot encrypt/decrypt data;
nested exception is:
    org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLEncryptionException: Error
while decoding
Original Exception was
org.apache.xml.security.exceptions.Base64DecodingException: Error while
decoding
    at
org.apache.ws.security.processor.EncryptedKeyProcessor.decryptDataRef(EncryptedKeyProcessor.java:388)
    at
org.apache.ws.security.processor.EncryptedKeyProcessor.handleEncryptedKey(EncryptedKeyProcessor.java:313)
    at
org.apache.ws.security.processor.EncryptedKeyProcessor.handleEncryptedKey(EncryptedKeyProcessor.java:81)
    at
org.apache.ws.security.processor.EncryptedKeyProcessor.handleToken(EncryptedKeyProcessor.java:75)
    at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine.processSecurityHeader(WSSecurityEngine.java:252)
    at
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngine.processSecurityHeader(WSSecurityEngine.java:179)
    at
org.apache.axis2.security.WSDoAllReceiver.invoke(WSDoAllReceiver.java:161)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:376)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:351)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:322)
    at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:274)
    at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:150)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
    at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLEncryptionException:
Error while decoding
Original Exception was
org.apache.xml.security.exceptions.Base64DecodingException: Error while
decoding
    at
org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLCipherInput.getDecryptBytes(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLCipherInput.getBytes(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLCipher.decryptToByteArray(Unknown
Source)
    at
org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLCipher.decryptElement(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLCipher.decryptElementContent(Unknown
Source)
    at org.apache.xml.security.encryption.XMLCipher.doFinal(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.ws.security.processor.EncryptedKeyProcessor.decryptDataRef(EncryptedKeyProcessor.java:386)
    ... 27 more

--
Brian Shields BSc. MSc.,
PhD Candidate,

Re: problem sending xml as parameter in secure message call

Posted by Brian Shields <br...@geminga.it.nuigalway.ie>.
Werner,
I got distracted with other issues yesterday evening so didnt get to
explore much more. What I have narrowed it down to is this:
It will send a simple string as a parameter both securely and unsecurely
It will send a simple xml string as a parameter both securely and unsecurely

The XML String i need to send, and it is having problems with, is quite
complex. It contains a full XML document as a CDATA element of the
parent document, where i am interested in sending the parent document.
As i said, i have made some headway in narrowing down exxactly what is
causing the errors and will repost when I find exactly what is causing it.
BTW, there is an embedded axis function that escapes the angle brackets
(only the < bracket needs to be escaped). This is not an issue as simple
XML is working.

Regards,
Brian.

Posted by Brian Shields <br...@geminga.it.nuigalway.ie>.